Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Midweek

Well we are half way through our delivery of Meals on Wheels. It is all down hill from here and the weather while cold will not be the snow storm I delivered on yesterday and hopefully there will be no mix ups like there was on Tuesday.

Mix ups with meals do not happen often but when they do it is usually a big one. One lady who we had a meal for said she wasn't supposed to get one until next week. So since we were short a meal for another gentleman we decided to use that meal for him (both were regular meals) and explain what we did when we got back to where we pick up the meals. Well, I stood in the snow, and wind knocking on the gentleman's door for around 10 minutes and there was no answer. Turns out he was upstairs in the Dialysis unit and the girls in the kitchen took his meal up to him. Forgetting to take his name off our list..... While I know the kitchen staff work wonders getting all the meals made, it takes a matter of seconds to scribble out a name.

I have started to move bits and bobs into the living room. All our DVD's, music CD's, and cassette tapes are now put away. Still lots to do but we shall get it all completed very soon. Our new furniture should arrive within the next couple of weeks. All set to hold Christmas for everyone. I just have to find a new chair for myself and we are done.

Next will be new flooring for the kitchen. The lino is as old if not older than the carpet and the lovely shine when it was new is now worn off. I am really liking how things are coming together.

Last night was one of my sleepless nights. I did fall asleep very well, but woke up at 1:30 am and couldn't fall back asleep. So rather than toss and turn I got up and read my library book until 4 in the morning. Crawled back into the spare bed and might have managed another hour of sleep. Right now I think I just might be running on empty though.

I have a few chores that have been carried over that need to be completed tomorrow and they will be. Sewing has not been done so I hope to get a bit of that done as well. Pictures to be posted soon.

Tomorrow is Halloween and I hope we get a few ghosts, goblins or super hero types knocking on our door.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment