Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Cleaning Out the Fridge Freezer

I am making a concerted effort to clear out the bits and bobs in the fridge freezer as I have previously posted.

So far I have used up a bag of frozen baked ham, and a small bag of what I think was frozen chicken but was probably frozen turkey (yours truly forgot to label them, I do that quite often). One of these days I will pull something out that is a big surprise.

Tonight I made something called Dump and Bake Alfredo Casserole. I cut the recipe in half as the first time I made it we were eating it for three days. It doesn't freeze very well either (I discovered this with the third serving).

The picture was found online and looks a great deal like what I made. I didn't have rotini pasta, so I used penne and it turned out very well. I will give you all the recipe that I cut it down to. Just double the amounts for a regular recipe.

8 oz rotini pasta
11 oz jar of Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 cup diced chicken
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese for garnish

Heat oven to 425*F. In medium casserole stir together all ingredients except for the cheeses. Cover and bake 30 min. or until the pasta is al dente. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top and bake uncovered 10 min. Garnish with Parmesan.

Enjoy.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to pass this recipe onto my daughter as she loves Alfredo. Maybe she'll make it one time when I visit, as my son doesn't care much for chicken.

    ReplyDelete