Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

I have been busy adding to my stock pile of canned and frozen food over the past week.

Three more bags of frozen tomatoes rest in the freezer. Made my condensed cream of tomato soup and got that in the freezer as well. Still have lots of tomatoes ripening in the house. So more soup is going to be made and more tomatoes frozen before I am done.

Dehydrated some more sage, mint, and oregano.

Worked on getting the household cleaners to a manageable level.

Today was mending day and I fixed a hem, sewed on a button or two, did some work on my quilt and even squeezed in some darning of socks. I don't understand how Harvey can wear so many holes in his socks.

Harvey has been building me a new potato bin using bits and pieces he had saved in his workroom and outside.

What even makes this week better is our budget. We managed to come in under our total budget which is always a good thing.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment