Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Much Too Early

Today the weather pundits predicted snow, and quite a bit of that white stuff to boot.

I thought to myself that since bad weather was coming, and Thursdays are very busy now, I would head out early today to get my errands completed.

While I did get the errands done, I did not beat what Mother Nature had in store for us. As I stepped out of my vehicle in one parking lot, I was blasted with wind. Now it wouldn't have been too bad if the weather could make up it's mind on whether to snow or rain. It felt like needles hitting my face and hands (note to self, get gloves and mittens out) as I quickly moved to get into a building.

After my first stop, I drove as quickly as possible on wet, slushy roads to my next destination. At least by now it was snowing and not sleeting.

I left this destination in the midst of thickly falling snow, which let up a bit when I got home. Harvey and I hurriedly brought in the groceries and I put them away.

By now the snow had started to accumulate on my vehicle and the front step.

This is what it looked like by noon.

As of tonight there is at least twice that amount and my driveway actually has a nice coating of white. While this should disappear tomorrow (at least I hope) the weather forecast is calling for yet more snow on Friday (the day Kurt and Kris come home) and Saturday. I think winter just may have decided to give us a good taste of what is to come.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness Jackie, you do get bad weather early in Canada. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm moaning because we have had to put the heating on earlier than usual in the year. Mind you I do love snow if I don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete