Saturday, October 26, 2019

Saturday Roundup

Well the Bible study on Prayer is now over. My Thursdays are once again my own!! It will be so nice not to be constantly in and out on that day and I will be able to get back into my regular daily pattern of cleaning and then working on my projects. I have decided I am more a hands on type of person. I would much rather be knitting my prayer shawls, knitting scarves for those that need them, or just plain delivering meals for shut ins. That is my type of service and prayer.

I have also decided that whatever is bothering my priest is not my fault, and just practice "being". After all he will probably be leaving in a few years and we will be getting a new one, with other ideas and foibles. I just have to breathe and practice my faith in my usual manner. I will be meeting with my spiritual director a bit more often, and perhaps will with her help and guidance be able to withstand all that could be put in my way.

I have been busy sewing this week and have managed to finish off 4 of the cut out patterns that have been lying around just waiting for me to get started. Two new skirts, a pair of pants and a top are now residing in the clothes hamper to be washed and pressed. I only have the dress to do now and I hope to get it finished tomorrow.

Harvey's Christmas sweater vest is coming along nicely. I should be done that by the end of the month as well.

Yesterday Harvey decided to go out and get a couple of pictures of the snow geese on Rafferty Dam.

Thousands of them along with Canadian geese use the water as a resting place during their journey south. Even sitting in the car we could hear the beating of their wings as they approached the water to land.


The challenge of using up those bits and bobs in the fridge freezer is coming along nicely. I can already see a big difference in only a few days. I will be continuing this for at least another week. That means no roast meal tomorrow, but I doubt Harvey will mind in the least.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment