Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

Mass was extra long today, the children were being enrolled for First Communion, Reconciliation, and Confirmation. Lots of little people (since we are now celebrating Confirmation when the children are in grade 2). Most of Father's homily was based on not just coming to Mass for the Sacraments, but to become regular attendees. Perhaps a few will come, which will be absolutely wonderful. However many have gone through the sacraments with their other children, and won't be attending unless they have another child to get "done" as some say. I do hope this changes, but I doubt I will be there to see it.

You see, church and my faith has always been something that brought me happiness and peace. Not so much any longer. I am not sure if there is something about me that our new priest finds offensive, or if I have done something wrong. It seems as if he always seems to pick me out of a crowd to make the center of attention, and most times that center of attention is not something good. I have been humiliated, and talked down to. I have had a finger shook in my face, and lectured on how I should be attending Parish Council all the time. I have been told to get a committee together when there is really nothing that having a committee would be a benefit. I am tired and upset, and I think I need to speak to my old spiritual advisor. Perhaps getting this all off my chest will help, so far praying has not. I am finding it very hard to get the quietness of heart and mind I find necessary to have that intimate conversation with God.

Sorry for venting, but I think I needed to clear my mind and heart of all the negativity.

Promise I will be more upbeat and back to my normal self.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jackie, I'm really so to hear that. It's disgraceful that a priest should be so cruel to someone like that. Remember it's him not you. He sounds like a tyrant trying to bully people to get his way. Speak with you're advisor but if you feel strong enough speak to him. Let him know you see his actions as bullying and it's making you question your faith. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you are being bullied by the new priest - for that is what it sounds like. Remember please that when someone treats you badly it is about them not about you or anything you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand and am in that same place as well within my church. I have been using walks in nature as my church and quiet time to speak with God. I hope that you find your quiet place soon and find contentment. I will pray that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I have to wonder at the priest's intention. From what I've read, you are a very active person in your church so see no reason for him to take you to task.

    I hope this does not offend, but my faith comes from within and not from a building or a service. I learned this from my father and while the fellowship of others is usually a good thing, I don't need to attend to know what I believe.

    ReplyDelete