Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

This is not going to be a particularly thrifty or frugal week. The carpeting has been laid and tomorrow I need to go pay for it. Then we are running the car everyday delivering Meals on Wheels.

Still a few thrifty happenings since the last time.

I took in a pair of pants for myself, repaired a zipper using zippers I inherited from Mom, darned a pair of socks, and cut up a sock into rings to be used next summer to help hold up our plants.

Still using up those bags of frozen meat in the fridge freezer.

Saved the thick elastics that are used to hold veggies together.

Saved the twist ties on packages to reseal other packages.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's not a bad week. The carpet was planned, budgetted for, carefully chosen within budget and will be enjoyed for many years to come - yes? And having money to give away, either as cash or as petrol to run around with meals-on-wheels or whatever will always be in my budget and undoubtedly in yours.

    ReplyDelete