Sunday, November 17, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

The rain that fell yesterday was pretty much gone today. The roads were clear and not icy in the least. Made heading to Mass easy this morning.

Mass was very long today as Father talked about funerals (kind of matched the readings) and the things we as a parish were doing right and the things we were doing wrong. I always knew that there really was no place in the funeral rite for a eulogy and that other faiths were slowly sneaking into how funerals were being done in the church. Still it was interesting to see the looks on other parishioners faces as he explained the reasoning behind the churches teachings. He said that he will still allow eulogies but will place a time limit on them, that the real place to do them is the Vigil or at the luncheon after the funeral.

What I did not like about his "special" homily was the blaming of certain generations for the changes. Really that is not the warm, and welcoming aura we want to put forth. Our church has been thought of as cold and unwelcoming for a very long time and I thought that was changing. I suppose it hasn't changed as much as I has hoped.

I did take my name off the lector and communion minister lists for the month of December. I did tell the lady in charge of scheduling that I would be available for subbing. It is something I am going to slowly draw away from over the next few months. It is time after serving in this capacity for 26 years. I just want to go to Mass and not have to do anything but "be".

Harvey was disappointed that our football team lost the final game of the playoffs. The team representing the Western Division  is our biggest rivals. So that means he is cheering for the east when it comes down to the Grey Cup.

Me, well I finished off the prayer shawl I have been working on, did some work on the apron (well the embroidery machine did most of the work) and started another prayer shawl.

Really this has been a quiet day, one of thinking, writing in my journal and just enjoying what life has handed me, both the good and the bad.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have a hard time cheering for the Bombers too. I just hope that it's a well played game.

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete