Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday Ramblings

It has been a pretty miserable day here on the old homestead. Didn't really look that bad when I opened the drapes this morning. Lovely large flakes of snow drifting down. It wasn't until I stepped out the door that I realized things were going to be difficult.

You see the snow was heavy and very wet. Cars and trucks had been packing it down for awhile before I left for Mass so the roads were actually very icy. A few vehicles in front of me kind of fish tailed turning corners. Probably because they were going much to quickly for the road conditions.

The snow stopped and then it started to melt, and then a few hours later rain. This means the roads are going to be terrible tomorrow. I am just glad that I have no where I need to be.

I spent most of the day scanning old photos and I posted some on the family Facebook page. I will probably continue to do so tomorrow. Dad had some wonderful pictures of family from many years ago.

The rest of the day was spent knitting and cooking. In fact when this post is finished I will be back to knitting. Hoping to finish the front of Harvey's Christmas gift so I can sew it up, do the neck and armhole knitting and finish the whole thing by Tuesday or Wednesday. Wish me luck.

Here is a picture of my Grandpa on my Dad's side as a younger (then I can remember) man.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment