Monday, December 28, 2020

Menu Monday

 

It has been a few days since I last posted, and now that I have a bit of quiet time this morning I thought it was time to update everyone.

Christmas was different, not bad, just different. We did not have the extended family get together, but our sons since they live alone got to pick one household to spend time with and they picked us. So we were luckier than most that we got to see them.

Of course I managed to cook way more than was needed so both of them will be taking care packages home and we will be eating leftovers here for a very long time..... Not a bad thing as I seem to have hurt my back this morning and am having trouble moving with any type of ease. 

Now on to the weeks menu plans.


Monday

Leftover turkey noodle soup. I think I will use up the French bread as well by making some open faced sandwiches to go with this.


Tuesday

This is my birthday, and we will be ordering in. I am hoping Chinese food. More leftovers!!


Wednesday

Leftover meatballs in mushroom sauce, served with the leftover mashed potatoes and probably mixed veggies.


Thursday

Leftover Chinese food if that is what we order in. If not or it is eaten for lunches.... I will make Chili and serve it with toast.


Friday

Fish Fillets, homemade fries, and coleslaw.


Saturday

Leftover turkey made into a casserole.


Sunday

Baked ham, rice, salad, and green beans.


Hopefully this will see most of the leftovers in the fridge used up, if not the freezer.


Everybody have a wonderful day.


God bless. 




7 comments:

  1. So happy you got to have your boys home. I always way overcook, just can't seem to get out of the habit. Hubs came home after over eating all last week and only gained 1 lb. So we are back on the meat and veggie kick, oh yes need to go get some meat out of the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww Jackie... I'm so sorry your back is out of whack! It was all that extra cooking... and peeking into the oven, to see if something was done. *lol* Seriously, I wish your back to feel better soon. It's just NOT right to have a sore back on your birthday! It's 23 minutes before midnight here, as I type, so I'll wish you a Happy Birthday now. I hope you get your Chinese food and have a beautiful day. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    Even though it was different, I'm sure you enjoyed having the boys home. And I bet they enjoyed mom's home cooking. :)

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Jackie! Our son was born on Christmas day so I know how you tend to miss out by having a birthday so close to Christmas. Hope you have enjoyed your day.
    I do hope your back feels better too. Sending hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Christmas has been different for all of us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, this Christmas was a little different. I'm glad you had your sons there. I saw one of my sons. Sorry about your back! Take it easy and rest.

    ReplyDelete