Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Thrifty Tuesday

 


I have managed a few thrifty activities this week.


We made a trip around the city to see the lights. Some houses are just covered in them, others have lots of inflatables up. Makes a person smile.


I seem to be having to fix a great many hems over the past few weeks. Still if it means extending the wear of a few pairs of pants I will continue to do so.


Darned a few pair of socks and a pair of gloves.


Using up as many leftovers as possible. Still managing to have a clean out the fridge night even though Kurt is at home.


While library visits are out of my comfort range right now, I am still finding free books to download onto my ereader, and I received a Indigo/Kobo gift card of $10.00 from one of my survey sites. Hopefully more will be coming my way as I gain more and more points for doing surveys. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.






4 comments:

  1. Great job Jackie, with all the mending and using your leftovers! God bless you and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went for a drive to see lights too and I'm thankful that some people went all out because it made me smile. Enjoy your Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbour is part of the Sparkle tour here in the city. We have so much traffic on the street as a result that my desire to look at lights is limited. But I know that his display brings a lot of joy, and in years past he collected for the Diabetes Foundation.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter was going to have us take out tonight and I said the fridge was full of leftovers. So we are going to do a mustgo night. Everything in the fridge is a mustgo.

    ReplyDelete