Sunday, February 28, 2021

Sunday Ramblings

 

Well, my operation went ahead. I am feeling not too badly and not suffering lots of pain. What pain I have I am able to control with Naproxen and Tylenol. I don't like the idea of taking opiates so am staying as far away from the morphine as is possible. So far so good. 


I am however pretty bored as I am not really allowed to do anything.... A person can sure grow tired of sitting around and doing nothing for an entire day. I really wonder how I am going to last 6 weeks.


Harvey has been wonderful, he has been doing the dishes for me and getting things out for me to cook. At least I can cook (could do the dishes as well, but if he wanTts to do them I am letting him. 


Today I get to have my first shower and am so looking forward to cleanliness. My definitely needs to be washed as it is sticking out all over.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.

12 comments:

  1. I always think of how blissful it would be to sit around for days on end, but like you, when I've actually been forced to, it's suddenly a lot less appealing. I hope you're on the mend quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you got through okay. Painkillers can make me really sick after a couple of days. I can imagine you are getting really antsy. I would have a hard time doing nothing. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear the operation is now behind you! Maybe you can find a good book to read or some movies to watch. You should rest up and not work so you will heal completely. It is wonderful that Harvey is being so helpful. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy that shower! I hope you feel better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad all is going well, you have been in my prayers. Take care and take things slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to hear that you are back home and can rest. We always breathe a sigh of relief after any surgery so we are all doing that now. ;) Harvey is a blessing and all that prep planning before hand will pay off. Take care and behave!🤗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your recovery goes smoothly and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful news that you came thru your surgery and are now back at home. Anyone who wants to wash dishes for me is more than welcome. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are doing well! Enjoy Harvey's help. Soon all this will be behind you and you'll be feeling great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your surgery well and you're home. I'm sure it will seem very boring for the next while - you're such a busy person it won't be easy to sit still. Nice too that Harvey is picking up what needs to be done to allow you time to recover.

    Enjoy that shower! Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankful that all went well. Take time to recover now. move gently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you finally got your surgery. Sending healing wishes

    ReplyDelete