Thursday, February 18, 2021

Thursday Tidbits

 

It was a lovely day today, made even lovelier by Harvey managing to get his truck started. It will be much easier to get our other vehicle in for the part we have been waiting for. No one will have to stick around and wait for the part to be added now. I will feel much safer now when we head to the city next week.


Just thought I would share a couple of photos with you tonight.

This is my take on a Black Forest Cake and was our dessert since Valentine's Day/So very tasty. I have another cake that I will make up tomorrow for our dessert the rest of the week.


I also finished the temperature blanket for 1976, and there is enough yarn left to make another one for the year that Kristopher, our youngest was born. However 1985 will have to wait for a bit as I have other things to finish off.


I just have to work the ends of the yarn through and trim them. That will happen after some sewing projects are completed tomorrow. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.





9 comments:

  1. Your Black Forest Cake looks delicious! I am fascinated by your temperature blanket. I have never heard of them until you mentioned it. That will be really special for each of the boys to have one for the year they were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cake looks so good and I am starving. Love the blanket Idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely blanket! I think you said it was one colour for every five degrees. What yarn weight is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks divine!!
    Nice blanket but I have to ask for some clarification. Sorry if I missed it before. 1976 temperature blanket? I'm sure they are related to births but where did the name come from? Curious here in Ontario. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cake looks delicious! I like the blanket too, it's clear we don't always have nice weather in the summer.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Black Forest cake looks wonderful, Jackie. That's probably one of the things I miss the most, being a diabetic: partaking in the desserts I make for my family. Pooey! Sugar-free jello loses its appeal after awhile. *lol* ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the truck started, all that bloody cold weather! Your cake looks fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suppose I will need to do a temperature blanket here at some point.........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black Forest cake is my favourite, yours looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete