Monday, October 4, 2021

Menu Monday

 

Ahh, the beginning of a new week and the start to getting ready for our Thanksgiving. As far as I know our sons will be home for at least a few days during the weekend. One will more than likely arrive late Friday night, the other probably early Saturday.

I have already did some changes to the weekly menu so that I can clear things out of the fridge and the crispers.

Monday

Roast Pork (supposed to have had this yesterday but needed to clear out the spaghetti and meat sauce). I roasted carrots and rutabaga (rather than potatoes) in the roaster. Leftover pork has been bagged and placed in the fridge freezer. I will be using this up later this week.


Tuesday

There is a container of stew in the fridge freezer. I am going to warm it up and serve it with either homemade bread or perhaps some biscuits.


Wednesday

Leftover pork roast made into a stir fry. That should clean out a bit of the crispers. Leftovers will be frozen to be eaten later.


Thursday

Leftover ham with scalloped potatoes. Any leftovers will very likely be eaten by one of the sons or Harvey for lunches. 


Friday

Soup and egg salad sandwiches.


Saturday

BBQ hamburgers, tinfoil potatoes, mushrooms and coleslaw. Though I could make creamed potatoes as the boys love them and I have quite a few small potatoes to use up.


Sunday

Roast Turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, gravy, tossed salad, pickles, and likely pumpkin pie with whipped cream for dessert. 

So that's the plan and I need to stick with it to get all used up and the fridge cleaned out for Thanksgiving.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious week ahead for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. You always give me good ideas for using leftovers and giving me some good things to try making for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No turkey here this year as I'll be heading out to my daughter's for a couple of days. I did buy two pumpkin pies at the Co-op (2 for $6 - I can't make them for that!), and my son and I enjoying those immensely.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope your sons are able to come for Thanksgiving - really wish we could be seeing ours but our oldest son is a chef so he has to work (alas no special holidays for him) and the other one lives in BC so nearly four thousand miles away.

    ReplyDelete