Sunday, October 17, 2021

Sunday Ramblings

 I thought I would start off with how I am doing with my goals this month.



1.  Work on t-shirt rug.  I have worked a bit on this.

2.  Make Christmas cards.  Nope but hopefully this week.

3.  Cut out pieces for Kurt's Christmas quilt.  Done.

4.  Finish my quilt.  I don't think this will happen but I have worked on hand quilting this month.

5.  Finish Kurt's quilt.  Working on getting this done.

6.  Knit 2 Secret Santa Scarves.  Finished and actually have knit 4

and working on number 5.

7.  Finish off harvesting the garden and cleaning off the deck.  Pretty much done will finish tomorrow.

8.  Remove spring/summer clothes and put in the fall/winter clothes.  Done.

9.  Repot lemon trees.  Done.

10. Cut more strips from cut up old t-shirts and leftover scraps of knit fabric.  Nope.

And if there is time

11. Work on counted cross stitch.  Nope.

12. Make dryer balls.  Tried but used a pretreated wool yarn so things did not work. I will perhaps order the correct yarn online later this month.


Today has been quiet and I have managed to get a few things completed. I did my Bible study homework, which means I can work on my leadership session for this week. I really don't like speaking in front of adults so I will write everything down and practice like mad.

I did some work on Kurt's quilt and I discovered I will not be able to make it as long as I had hoped. Yet that means things will be easier to quilt and finish.

I filled the bird feeder late last night and those greedy sparrows have almost emptied it. I think I will look into getting a feeder for the front yard and perhaps some suet feeders. I do love seeing all the birds in the yard.

The bunny seems to have disappeared from our yard. I thought it could be hiding under our deck, but Harvey cleaned under it and nothing. At least she/he stayed healthy and happy in our yard until being able to look after it's self.

As the days go by I am beginning to realize that some people will never change. Our Covid Delta cases keep going up in our little section of Saskatchewan. Anti-whatever's keep posting weird things, and those of us that follow directions are still following directions. 

While we have had no shortages so far on things in the grocery store I will continue to stock up and look for bargains where I can. I will also keep on with using up all that I can, be it food, or craft supplies, clothing, or anything else that occupies a space in my life. 

I am saving points on my scanning, but it is going to take me a very long time to reach the point where I can use them to purchase a generator.... I still feel that will be an enormous help in running things around here if the power goes out.

I plan on stocking up on propane, candles, batteries, and various other camping items. I will also continue to make quilts so if the power goes out we can stay toasty warm.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Sad but true about people not changing. In the US the mandates to be vaccinated to keep many jobs seem to be helping some but we do have some governors who are doing everything they can to keep the pandemic at a peak. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You accomplish so much, I'm sure there must be some project in your hands most of the day.

    It is worrisome that the cases continue to arise, especially the numbers in the ICU. Yet, those who could do something about it are sitting back and telling people to take personal responsibility. You and I are, others not so much.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is good to know that we Americans are not the only people who are surrounded by idiots. Not very nice but I have no other way to put it. You have inspired me to make a get it done list for Oct. although it is over half way done. I have 12 days left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good plan stocking up on the propane and camping gear! I think we will need to do that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why people seem to think that every single thing they see posted on the internet is the gospel truth. Anybody can search for a posted opinion that matches their own and then tout it as being real. Don't get me started on that one!!
    Looks like you're making great headway on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish those anti-folks would understand that the sooner everyone do their share, the sooner we can all get through this mess.

    A generator is a must have. We got one after that big blackout in 2005. DH has built a few more over the years. I love your idea of extra quilts in case the power goes out. I need to order extra comforters for that purpose.

    I've stocked up on Energizer batteries at Dollar Tree over the last few months. It sounds like you are well prepared.

    ReplyDelete