Friday, April 22, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


It has been rather a dismal day here and they are predicting some freezing rain before the snow hits. Not looking forward to another snow storm/blizzard this close to the end of the month.

I finished the hot pot things today, and will work on the second sock of the second pair. Hopefully that will be finished before too long. I did not cut out the dress as the lack of good lighting makes seeing the markings on the pattern a bit difficult by the afternoon. Perhaps tomorrow as long as the power does not go out. 

So what frugal things have been happening on the old homestead.

1.  Slowly but surely using items up in the fridge and freezers. Mind you I have added a few items that my big batch cooking produced.

2.  Did a couple of big batch cooking and added some meals I can pull out of the freezer.

3.  Went for a couple of short walks the last 5 days as the snow and ice disappeared. 

4.  Combined errands so the fuel in my vehicle will last much longer (almost been a month since we filled, we did so on the way home from the doctor's appointment that never happened on the 28th of March). With the upcoming snow event we should easily stretch out the final days.

5.  Got free pens and 2 free shopping bags in the mail.

6.  Kris started some eggplants for us and they are coming along nicely. I somehow managed to save some seeds from last season so free plants more or less.

7.  Baked a loaf of bread this week.

8.  Used appliances for cooking meals on a few evenings.

How was your frugal week?


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    ...what a great list of accomplishments...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got free bags and a pen in the mail too, at least I call them free despite the fact that the organization is hopeful I'll make a donation. I have no trouble keeping things like that if they are unsolicited. They were nice bags too!
    We're trying to eat as much as we can that's in our fridge over the next couple of weeks so it's as empty as possible before we go away. Lots of creative food endeavors happening!

    ReplyDelete