Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Ginger Snaps

 Well Blogger isn't letting me add the recipe to the page so here is an addendum to my previous post.


Ginger Snaps (Company's Coming Cookies)

3/4 cup softened butter or margarine

1 cup sugar

1 large egg

1/2 cup molasses


2 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp ginger

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp salt


Granulated sugar to roll the dough in


Cream butter and first amount of sugar well. Beat in the egg. Mix in the molasses.

Stir flour, soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt together and add. Mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls.

Roll in the second amount of sugar and place on greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 F oven (180 C) for 10 to 12 minutes. I baked mine for 11 minutes. This makes about 6 dozen crisp, great for dunking in coffee, tea or milk ginger snaps.


Enjoy.




5 comments:

  1. I like ginger snaps with tea. Thanks I will keep this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie,
    I do love ginger snaps so much...I'll have to veganize yours...
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, I am going to try these. I just love a good ginger snap! THANKS FOR POSTING.

    ReplyDelete