Friday, April 8, 2022

Frugal Friday

 


Well last Bible study completed and I am actually relieved for what could possibly be the first time ever. I am thinking that this will be the last one I help at and lead sessions. Just tired out and finding the preparation to be getting a bit tedious. Now I get to sit and relax (well sort of) for a bit.

Now what frugal things have been happening here on the homestead.

I moved some menu plans around this week so nothing would spoil and took advantage of larger batches to save time some nights.

When grocery shopping yesterday I stuck to my list and managed to save $32.00 just buying sale items. I did buy a slightly more expensive turkey this time around as I could get a larger one. Means more leftovers.

Hung many loads on the lines downstairs. Three loads dried fully, and two loads were put in the dryer to finish drying (mostly dry when done just a bit damp).

Combined errands when I drove and actually walked back and forth to Bible study. 

Walking every morning for frugal exercise and fresh air and then doing a shorter walk in the afternoon to pick up the mail.

Free bottle of water and a small package of chips for free.

Harvey's prescription eye drops were changed for a savings of $5.00 and I no longer take one of the medications prescribed for a savings of $13.00 both are monthly so this is wonderful.


Off to make our fish and chips as well as corn on the cob for our supper. I will visit you all a bit later.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.






7 comments:

  1. Love fish and chips. So you're going to have Turkey soon? I am so done with our turkey. I gave half of it to the kids - and we suffered through the 2nd half. I never did make the broth simply because we were sick of that leftover turkey smell. Lol.

    Yeah it was just too big but it was free. IT was good until it wasn't anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you will be getting a break from leading the Bible study for a while. I don't know how you manage to do that along with everything else you do. You are about the busiest person I know! It sounds like you have a lot of frugal things happening this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't bought a turkey in years. D and Eli won't be here at Easter, and even if they were none of us enjoy turkey enough to make it worthwhile. I'm sure your sons will make a good dent in it for you and will appreciate leftovers too.

    Glad you're getting a break. Leading a class is mentally tough for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always enjoyable to participate in voluntary events but it is still a commitment an there comes a time when you/we have to take a break, sometimes permanently. Let someone else step up. Enjoy your time for all your other joys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the grocery savings!!!

    I was able to get rid of one of my prescriptions (which is awesome!), but it was the cheapest one, haha, and I had to refill my inhalers, so that's, uh, a lot more money, unfortunately. I need to contact my doctor again; my asthma really isn't well-controlled at this point, and she said if that kept up, I'd probably need to add a daily med. Oh well.

    Glad you're realizing you need a break and making that happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jackie,
    ...we just finished our Lenten study of the book of James too...and now it's Holy Week...where has time gone this year?
    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes wonder how much we've saved over the past two years by doing most of our laundry by hand and hanging it over our tub in the bathroom to dry. We live in an apartment building and need to use communal machines which aren't always kept very clean so when covid began we opted to go the hand wash route for as much as we can. We still do the sheets in the machines because they're too bulky to deal with.

    ReplyDelete