Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Thrifty Tuesday

 

Another thrifty week has passed us by. Mayhap the thriftiest part of the last week has been not driving anywhere or shopping. If you can't get out of your driveway due to a build up of snow, well you don't spend any cash. I guess we could shop online, but really there isn't much (other than books and/or craft supplies I would want) that interests me for the most part, staying away from Amazon is not a big problem for me.

I darned a pair of socks.

Tried to use up bits and bobs from the fridge and freezers to make interesting meals.

Did some baking when my sweet tooth called a bit too loudly to ignore. 

Made some Christmas gifts (early for a change, and plan to make a couple more this week).

Put $60.00 in my savings envelope. 

Enjoyed a walk to a friends for a coffee. 

Saved some elastics from fresh veggies.

I also tried to enjoy Easter without Kurt and Kris being here. Just a tiny bit lonely, but we sent texts to each other and kept in touch via Twitter (one son) and Facebook with the other.

I was asked to share my ginger snap recipe so here it is. I am putting it on the recipes page. If you can't find it let me know and I will put it right on a blog post.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Kris and Kurt never made it up for Easter, but glad you had a nice Easter anyway. Probably the safest option if the weather is bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that your boys couldn't make it but safety is more important. I hope the snow is melting fast and will not make another appearance for a good long time. This morning it's raining and miserable here - only 5C so it's a cold rain. Glad I don't have to go out!

    ReplyDelete