Monday, September 5, 2022

Menu Monday


 Kris headed back to Regina early this morning. He knows how worried I am (even though one of the suspects has been found dead on the reserve where the stabbings took place) so he is actually keeping his phone very close. 

However, there was another Alert. There was a shooting incident on another reserve further north. Those suspects (I believe 4 of them) are still at large. 

I just do not know what is happening in the world. 


Now as far as menus are concerned, I am having to redo the plans I had written out. I really need to learn not to cook so much.

The salmon fillets however will be made into a sandwich spread and that will be used to make sandwiches to go with our soup meal. 


Monday

Harvey and I could not finish our steaks last night so that along with the leftover potatoes and the remainder of the cucumber salad made our meal.


Tuesday

Soup and sandwiches (using up those salmon fillets).


Wednesday

Leftover Eggplant Stew. I am thinking that when I go shopping of trying to pick up some Naan to go with it.


Thursday

Small Sausage casserole to use up the carrots. 


Friday

Glace and eggs. 


Saturday

Leftover Sausage Casserole.


Sunday

Moussaka to use up the eggplants I picked.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. FOUR!!!! Oh, my gosh, that's so shocking.
    Thinking of you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your son stays safe and keeps you posted. I can only think that people who commit such atrocities are clearly mentally ill. I love leftovers, a chance to be inventive with another meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good wishes for your son. So sad.
    I'm so envious of your eggplant harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the authorities catch those awful people soon. I hadn't heard that one of the initital two had been found dead - doesn't seem to be on the news here, at least not that I've heard. We certainly live in scary times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another day, another advisory alert. I have to wonder if these last two are copy cats. They want some notoriety but at least has died as a result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they might have caught one of the last couple of advisories suspects. Hopefully even more will be apprehended as the day progresses.

      Delete
  6. How absolutely terrifying for you. Praying that your son will be safe 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is crazy for sure when a whole area is basically terrorized by these bad players. So sad - you have to wonder why and how did they turn to the other side, that would kill others? Was it gang or drug related? Very sad for all concerned.

    ReplyDelete