Saturday, September 10, 2022

Saturday Roundup

 


I pretty much told all of you what I have been up to this week. So don't have much to fill you in on today. 

I am enjoying the cooler start to each day, and am almost looking forward to winter's arrival. This year for some reason I am fondly thinking of snuggling into blankets and drinking hot chocolate or tea in the afternoons. 

I need to let someone know whether I will be taking a leadership role with the others for the Bible Study this year. Many a time things are decided before I even attend a meeting so I feel a bit left out. I probably shouldn't feel that way, but I do. We have our first meeting on Wednesday of the upcoming week so I will need to make a decision before then. If I feel the need for a study there are plenty online that I can follow. There are also lots of books in my bookshelf that I can use once again and see if I can get a new perspective on. Actually I think I just might need a break.

There are also lots of things that need to get done around the house and so many projects that need working on. In trying to downsize, I think I might just have made things a bit more complicated for myself. 

I visited my friend and neighbour that moved into an apartment/condo last June and got a tour of her home. Lord we will need to do major downsizing if we move. I just can't see us moving into something that size with such a small balcony and no place for flowers or veggies. Or the room inside for me to have my sewing machines, or other crafting items. I am worried about this for the two of us. My friend is a widow and the size of the apartment is perfect for her. This is going to take some planning and realizing that we can not take everything with us.

Now to answer a few questions or expand on previous posts. 

We have two freezers. One is an upright and I store meat in that one. It has four shelves and 4 in the door slots. Each shelf holds a different meat. Beef is on top, chicken is next and then pork. The only shelf that is mixed is the last one which holds various roasts, and large hams. Whole chickens and turkey is put elsewhere. 

The other freezer is our old chest freezer (probably getting to the end of it's life, but I hope not). In here I keep frozen fruit, pie fillings, turkey, whole chickens, veggies, bread products, baking, frozen soups, frozen extra meals (if they don't fit in the fridge freezer) and anything else that can be frozen. 

This works for us, and most of the time everything gets used and used promptly....There are times though that items slip through the cracks. I really have to get better at keeping track of what is in both freezers. 

What I don't really have is pantry space. That is scattered between cupboards and closets. One of these days I do hope to get things organized in that area as well. Perhaps this winter.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.




5 comments:

  1. Hello Jackie ... just catching up on your posts. I always look forward to autumn after the long hot summers that we have here too ... & I dream of curling up under blankets with the fire going!
    We only have a smallish house here but my sons tell me that when we ever move, we will have to get the Army in!!! This is because I have "rather a lot of stuff". Sounds familiar I think?? Enjoy your weekend Jackie. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We downsized 12 years ago into this apartment and don't regret it. The only thing we miss is having a garage for the car. We have a 2 bedroom unit and the second bedroom is my crafting and computer space. We have a pull-out couch in there that's for company (not that we ever have overnight guests very often). Resident Chef gardens as much as he wants to in pots on the balcony and farmers markets provide the rest. It's not easy doing the downsizing part of it and trying to decide what to keep and what not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking a break may be just what you need to recharge.

    Downsizing seems to be an ongoing process. One closet or drawer at a time as slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started the process of downsizing when I retired, but I've gathered up a lot of stuff since then. I do plan to get more done this winter as I hope to put the house back on the market next year.
    In your case, unless health issues arise, it seems to be you're in a good place.

    ReplyDelete