Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Tuesday Tidbit

 

Things are slowly getting better, though today we did get news that another distant relative of Harvey's has suffered a brain aneurism. Vince has had an ongoing struggle with brain cancer for the last 5 years. He goes into remission, and then a couple of months later it reappears. He had just started a new round of treatment and now this happens. Vince was a fighter; I would see him on my walks every morning we would wave, walk together for a bit and then he would go his way and I would go mine. My prayers are with the family.

We have pretty much gotten the entire garden cleaned up. There are a few more tomatoes, the potatoes, and the occasional green pepper or eggplant that I hope grow a little bit more.

The gravel is moved, and I am once again parking in the driveway. We are awaiting the arrival of the fabric garage tomorrow. In case you are wondering what this will look like here is a picture from the Wayfair site where it was ordered.

Now Harvey kind of thinks that we will be able to set this up on our own. Some how I don't really see that happening.

I have done a bit of work on the quilt top. Two more brick strips have been added. I hope to get at least three done tomorrow. I do not have any meetings so it could be done.

Knitting is being done as well. No yarn used up yet, but as I am trying to make this with a bit of continuity the using up of those leftovers could take a little time. 

Hope to have some pictures of a few of the things I worked on the last two weeks or so and actually finished.

The day has been restful, and easy. Just the way I like them.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 
God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be interested to see your finished projects and your new garage when it's erected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric garage will be so nice and keep your car cooler in the summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the two of you ought to try to put up the shelter on your own either. The frame might be easiest but getting the fabric on all sides will probably require ladders and such. Are your boys home for Thanksgiving? It can be a male bonding exercise for them, :)
    Your restful and easy is far busier than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the boys are home for Thanksgiving so will be able to do most of the erecting. However, Harvey is determined to have the frame up before they come. In reading the directions on assembly he seems to think we can do it. I reminded him that I also have other things in the house that need my attention and that I am shortish, cubby person who is scared to death of heights and a ladder that I need to go up more than 2 rungs.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Those portable garages are nice. Will it be able to hold the weight of snow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping the garage build will be easier than you're anticipating. It will sure make a difference in the winter when it's snowy. Nothing I hate worse than having to clean our car off and it's then that I truly miss having a garage.

    ReplyDelete