Thursday, September 1, 2022

Thrifty Thursday

 

Wow the beginning of a new month already. I never ceases to amaze me how fast the days and months are whizzing by. 

So what thrifty things have I been doing this week.

I needed to fix the elastic in a couple of pairs of capris so I did that. 

Cut down the rug backing and found I can make 2 rugs out of the backing. 

Used up all the leftovers in the fridge for either lunch or supper. 

There was a bit of ham leftover from our meal and that was packaged up for Harvey to make his sandwiches for lunches. I ate most of the other leftovers for my lunches. Today I finished off a package of sandwich meat.

Used up some leftover yarn and some of the odd embroidery floss (by odd I mean not DMC my preferred brand).

Cut up some old clothing into rags or fabric to be used in quilts.

Harvey ordered a fabric garage today as he is very worried about hail. This one is thicker fabric and has really good ratings. Like he says getting a vehicle fixed after hail damage is a pain and this will protect the vehicle a bit. Fixing the vehicle would cost much more than buying this protection.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a fabric garage before - what a good idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that time does seem to pass so quickly these days. I'm happy to be in September though and heading towards Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the days are passing by so quickly! It seems every time air turn around it is Friday again. My Mom had hail damage on her car once and rather than have it fixed, she paid off the loan on her car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we're all in agreement, the days seem to pass so quickly.
    It sounds like a good idea to have some sort of shelter for the vehicle. I'm grateful to have a garage, not only for the damage hail can do, but the sun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabric garage - I first thought you meant he bought you a garage to store your fabric in!! And my next thought was what a thoughtful husband he is. And THEN I realized what you meant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love baked beans...thanks for that recipe. I need to try them again. I think it is wise to protect your vehicle too. I thought you meant a garage to store fabric in too! LOL You did well with being thrifty this week. I think of you often when I sort through my fridge as you know, I like to be thrifty too.

    ReplyDelete