Sunday, March 31, 2024

Happy Easter

 


It has been a quiet day here today. Kris left for home this morning and because of this we had our Easter meal last night. Wish Kris could have stayed one more day, but he had lots of laundry to get done, and he had some other plans that needed done before he works again on Tuesday. Of course I sent Kris home with a care package. He took home one of the packages of summer sausage lunch meat, an Eggplant Parma, a container of Potato Soup, some leftover frozen ham, 6 homemade buns, a jar each of mint jelly and tomato jam. Wish it could have been more, but we will be going up again next month so who knows what I will be able to share with him. 

I did up our spending for the month and while some lines were over, many were under. So that enabled us to be under total budget for the month. I really hope to be even further under the month of April, and keeping my fingers crossed that I can get a better handle on groceries and the cost of replacing items in this house. Seems our front door knob is worn out, which is not a great thing really as replacements are quite expensive. 

As it is the end of the month I guess it is time to fill all in on what projects I have managed to complete or am still working on.


1.  Cross stitch. Working on this and will continue next month. I hope to have a picture soon to show all you how much this has progressed. Right now not a great deal as so many daysD this month were cloudy.

2.  Sandwich the quilt. Done

3.  Knit first lapghan. Done

4.  Start second lapghan. Actually completely finished this month as well.

5.  Organize and make pantry book. Done

6.  Do up freezer inventories. Upright freezer completed, but not the chest freezer as of yet. I decided I needed to clear some items out before making the inventory.

7.  Copy up to 14 recipes on cards that we enjoy. Done

8.  Cut out shorts. Done

9.  Cut out top. Done

10.  Organize freezers. The upright is done, but not the chest freezer. 

So not too bad, but I could have gotten a bit more done if only I was more on the ball at using items of veggies, fruits and baking that are stored in the chest freezer. 

I have next month's goals ready to go and will share them with you all in another post. I also need to take a few more photo's of the finished projects. I will share with you all on Tuesday.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely family time. Going home to moms and getting goodies to take home - priceless!
    You sure got a lot done this month. That is great.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased you had a nice family time Jackie. Our Easter has been very quiet as my husband is calving. I think you have done very well with your monthly goals. I would be chuffed about ticking off all those. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good visit with Kris. I'm sure he's grateful for the all the good food that went home with him.
    You've had a busy and productive month.
    In response to your question, the city my daughter lives is outside of Regina. It was that city hall I was referring to in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on completing most of your goals for the month. You always have such a long list. You do well to achieve so much. Glad you had a lovely visit from Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Cheryl, getting to be with family and going home with so many goodies is priceless. I'm so goad you had a good time. I've been working on cleaning out our freezers and inventorying this week too. It's great to now what you have on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny your front door knob is getting worn - so is ours! We were just talking about that this morning! It’s always something when you have a house.
    At least your boys shared Easter with you. We were alone this Easter - the guys worked. It’s during these time I do wish we had grandchildren but it’s not going to happen so it’s best not to think on it. I’m thankful for what family I still have.
    We came in under budget as well which is always a smile- maker.

    ReplyDelete