Monday, March 4, 2024

Menu Monday

 


A new week. One in which we will continue our digging out from the snow. Probably a bit more will be done tomorrow after we take the SUV in for an oil change.

Even though it is cold outside, the sun is at least shining. That meant I got to do a bit of stitching before my eyes went crazy. I think I just might have placed another 50 or so stitches in the cross stitch I had set aside. 

Most household tasks are completed. I do need to clean the bedrooms. They just need a quick dusting.

So here are the menus for this week.

Monday 

Chili over pasta with some sour cream and grated cheese on top.


Tuesday

A casserole out of the leftover chicken. Served with the remains of the salad I made on Sunday.


Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. It has been awhile since we had egg salad sandwiches and I have lots of eggs.


Thursday

Leftovers from Tuesday, plus I will use up the last of the asparagus.


Friday

Lentil Curry on rice and a salad.


Saturday

I have a package of Mexican Rice and beans that I will make up. I am planning on adding some sausage to it as well.


Sunday

Roast pork, roasted potatoes and roasted carrots.


Later this week I will make some pudding for two nights desserts as we still have some of the pumpkin cake left and that needs using up.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. I’m not happy that I am unable to clean the house or do laundry. My husband has been doing everything. I feel useless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up having about 8 1/2 inches of the white stuff. My son and I cleared much of it yesterday and I finished this morning - though I suspect with the wind, some of it will have blown in again. I hope you're able to clear your snow soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your snow soon disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds good. I made a small casserole the other day with beans, rice, ground sausage and cheese. Yum.
    Stay safe out there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! You can invite me for Sunday dinner any time :) It reminds me so much of my childhood. Hope you & Harvey stay safe on the roads. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your meals always sound good.
    Hope the snow vamooses!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sun is shining here also but it is 10 degrees colder. Now how did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you got quite a bit of snow but not like they got in California by the sounds of what they're saying on the news. I can't imagine measuring snowfall in feet rather than inches.

    ReplyDelete