Saturday, November 17, 2012

Giving A Quick Lesson



I have used Sashay yarn to knit scarves for awhile now and was quite surprised when I made a quick trip to WalMart to pick up a new seam ripper or two (I really have a problem with breakage) to run into some older ladies who were just discovering it for the first time.

It seems they had just come from a craft sale we have here every year where a woman was selling these scarves for anywhere from $30 to $40 and decided to give it a try on their own. They told me they loved the scarves but just couldn't afford to buy them at that price. I quite agreed with them way to high a price. Even the sale price of $20 the seller had listed a few at is over 3 times what it would cost to make one yourself.

None of them knew how to start them so out came my glasses, and I started to show these lovely ladies how to go about knitting with this yarn. One of the ladies needed to buy the right sized needles so she handed them to me. I proceeded to show them how to use the yarn and how to cast on the stitches they needed. I even did a couple of rows to show them it got easier as a person went along.

I handed everything back to the lady and glanced up to see a crowd of 15 ladies watching.

As I waved goodbye and wondered to the front of the store and the checkout I noticed many of the group getting their own yarn and needles.

Guess I gave my first knitting class ever without even knowing it.






Here is hoping that one of the ladies end up with a scarf like one of these.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment