Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sharing Some Photos

I thought that I would share some photos of items I brought back from my Dads place. Some of these have been in the family for years and I am very bad at letting things go. After all I did grow up seeing these everyday.

My Grandma would crochet for hours and I found lots of her handiwork in my Dads house.





There was no way I was going to let all her hard work end up being used by people who didn't care about the effort that went in to making all these doilies. After all my grad and wedding gifts were doilies made by her. I am sure that I will find a place for all of these.

Then when my parents first started buying and running hotels and motels (I was 18 at the time they started doing this) they found this hidden in a back room of the first motel they ran.


Harvey has done some research on this type of cash register and while they were mostly used in Barber shops who knows..... perhaps there was a barber shop beside the hotel or even in the hotel itself at one time. It needs some tender loving care, but I am sure Harvey can get it spic and span once again.

My great grandparents on my grandmother's side ran a dry goods store in a small town in the middle of Saskatchewan. This beauty used to sit in a corner of the shop when my great uncle took over.



This piece not only played records but recorded them as well. Harvey says that it isn't working right now, but he is going to go over it carefully and see if he can get it working once again.

We managed to pick up a few more pieces, mostly pictures though. Our oldest Kurt is very in to tracing our heritage and he wants to put everything into a book for the family.

Looking at these pieces kind of grounds me and lets me know where we came from.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment