Friday, November 2, 2012

Looks Like Winter Is Here

This morning I woke up to a vista of white. Not the good white, fluffy type of snow, rather the heavy wet type.






This is a picture of one of the entrances to a highway just out of town. Believe me the snow was much higher piled up around the city where it could not blow away or melt from a constant stream of traffic.

I made the slow (and I mean slow) journey to work as I got called in by an aide who was ill. Cars were slipping and sliding all over in this the first major snow fall of the winter. You would think that people living here would slow down and take their time getting from place to place. Really do a few minutes make that much difference.

Guess not. Here is a picture from an intersection just up the road from us.


Looks like these guys are going to be a bit later than they planned. All because they couldn't slow down and take road conditions into account.

I am home now and don't plan on leaving for any reason (well I guess I will be going to church). Heck this gives me just the excuse I need to work around the house.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment