Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

Today is the 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time and we learned that all the times Peter practiced his faith in Christ and failed was leading up to one important example of him getting it right. Peter was the first to proclaim Christ as the Messiah!!!

Each week we are sent forth to practice our faith, to practice that Jesus is in fact the Messiah, sent forth in fact to put this in action. I often wonder how well I manage to do this.... Guess I just have to keep practicing until I can live out the question, "Who do you think I am?"


Another cloudy, rainy day here on the old homestead. We reached just over two inches of rain a few hours ago and it is still coming down. Supposedly we have another day of this and then things will turn around. Hopefully for the better as I am just not ready for fall to arrive. After all we have only had summer for a few short months.

So, as it was such a wet day again I spent the time puttering around the house.


I made myself a lovely mug of hot chocolate and headed into the sewing/craft room when done.

I made good headway sewing my sleeveless top and then came to a point (seam finishing) that the machine was not doing what I needed done. Strange as it had always done a great job before. I took the throat plates off and to my surprise found lots and lots of dust bunnies. Cleaned them all out with the little brush and put it all together again. Hmmm, still not working correctly. In fact working even worse than when I started the cleaning process.

I ended up taking the bobbin case out and cleaning that out. Oh, my!!! The area that the bobbin case in enclosed in was full of dust bunnies. Got those cleaned out, put everything together again and now my machine is humming along nicely. So much better than before.

Love, love, love my BabyLock Quilter's Pro machine. At least I do when it is running properly. I am just thankful that I could get it cleaned up and back to sewing a straight or zigzag line.

I also did a tiny bit of baking. I have been craving chocolate over the last few days.

So I filled the cookie jar with some Unbaked Chocolate Cookies. That should end the cravings, don't you think?

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




No comments:

Post a Comment