Friday, June 17, 2016

Frugal Friday

Another chapter in my hopefully frugal life.

This past week was for the most very frugal. We are really trying to cut back on expenses for the most part (okay I seem to be doing the most of the cutting back, Harvey seems to be having a bit of a problem with the whole idea this month).

Once again I have been taking an early morning walk for exercise most days this week. I really need to extend the distance I walk this upcoming week.

Laundry was done mostly with a cold water rinse this week and all loads were hung up on the lines outside. Our Kris is home this weekend and of course has brought his laundry home with him (why pay over a dollar a load to wash and almost as much to dry). He is really good about making sure there are full loads to wash and always hangs on the outside lines during the spring, summer and fall.

Meals followed the menu plan I made for the month, if there were changes well it was just changing menus between days.

All leftovers have been used in other meals, and things are gradually being used up in the freezers.

Air conditioners have been turned off for a few days (been on a few) and windows opened during the night and early morning.

I really am trying to cut expenses where and when I can, but this month is a bad one. Property taxes are due, vehicle registration is due, and electrical costs will be high due to the need to use air conditioning. I will just keep on, keeping on.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment