Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Mid Month Update

I just can not believe that it is the middle of the month already!! Once again time seems to be getting away from me.


1. Finish the quilt (a carry over from last month).  Waiting for Hubby to clean a space in the basement for me to sandwich the quilt.

2.  Continue working on the rug. Perhaps even finish it.  Working on it, and while it might not be finished I can see an end in sight.

3.  Sew the three skirts I cut out last month.  Done.

4.  Sew the four tops I cut out last month.  Two down and two to go.

5.  Try for 20 no spend days this month.  I have reached 9 no spend days and am keeping my fingers crossed for a great second half of the month.

6.  Cut out 2 more tops.  Fabric and pattern chosen, just not done as of yet.

7.  Cut out another skirt.  Fabric and pattern chosen, just not done as of yet.

So far this month another 27 items have left the house. Some have been items that we thought we might be able to fix (no such luck), some were items that I was able to donate, and some were given to a friend. I do hope to add to this total by the end of the month.

Hubby did manage to get a couple of our solar lanterns working again and has hung them up. Two however will more than likely be heading into the recycle depot. He also got a few of our solar stakes working. Lovely little fairy lights throughout the yard.

I would love to be outside, enjoying our lovely weather but we have a slight problem. New neighbours moved in next door in 2015. Now when they first moved in everything seemed to be wonderful. They were quiet, had two small girls and would smile and say hello every day. As the weeks and months passed things became a bit strained in their household. The yelling started towards the end of last summer and has gotten progressively worse.

Things settled down a bit over the winter, but the last few days have seen an upswing in the yelling and foul language coming from that house. Surprisingly it is not the husband with the foul mouth it is the wife, and to make matters even worse, she doesn't care who hears her. This morning she was screaming right in front of the house. I actually feel sorry for the husband and very sorry for the children. This does make enjoying the outside a bit of a problem though. I am hoping the loud altercations stop very soon.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment