Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Is Winter Back?

The day dawned with clouds and a reddish fading to orangey peach sunrise. I kept remembering Mom's always quoting "Red sky at night sailors delight, red sky at morning sailors take warning". This time the warning was a good one.

I decided for some reason to head out before lunch and get my errands and grocery shopping done, instead of waiting until tomorrow. As I left the bank, rain began to fall and it continued to drizzle down the entire time I was shopping. The roads were quite wet.

Home, groceries put away and snuggled up on my recliner having a cup of coffee I noticed it getting darker and darker in the house. In fact I had to turn on some lights. I glanced out the window and saw that it had started snowing. For awhile the snow came down fairly heavily and there was a wind which blew the flakes almost sideways. This is living on the prairies of Canada, you never know what the weather will be like or how fast it will change.

The snow stopped but it stayed cloudy until early evening. Now the temperature is dropping and the snow and rain are freezing. It is going to be miserable for those heading to jobs in the morning. I do hope Kris has a safe journey to work tomorrow.

I made out a goal list for next month as well as a slightly shortened extra cleaning list. Not doing well on the goals this last month, but I hope next month will be better.

Tomorrow I continue making menu plans for the month of December, hopefully the only items I will have to buy are the ones necessary for our Christmas dinner and the ingredients for an appetizer for the family get together.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment