Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

Today I decided that I had better get started on the dehydrating of some herbs. I started doing this many years ago and just love knowing where and what is in my herb jars. I usually just do the more common herbs like basil, parsley, sage, oregano and mint. But I have bought garlic on sale and after dehydrating ground that as well. We tried growing garlic once and it was a complete and utter failure. Perhaps it is time to give it another try.

Surprisingly this does become very thrifty as the prices of herbs and other spices skyrocket.

Seams and hems have been repaired, a pocket resewn, and some fabric chosen from my quilt squares to start on Kurt's  Christmas gift. Most if not all the squares chosen are from scraps of leftover fabric from other projects or old clothing that I took apart and cut into project squares. An almost free Christmas gift!

So what thrifty things did you do around your home this past week.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment