Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

It has been a quiet day, and instead of walking outside I have been using the treadmill in the basement. I am sticking with 1.5 miles at 2.8 mph for awhile. In a couple of weeks I will increase the speed. 

Thrifty moves this past week are more along the lines of repairs. I darned some socks, turned a collar on one of Harvey's shirts, put up a hem on a pair of pants, and fixed a seam or two. Nothing really earth shattering. 

Harvey has been busy building a cupboard over top of the basement fridge. He is using up bits and bobs of leftover lumber from other projects. He even has the stain and protectant at the ready from doing the wood on the walls. 

I have some fabric from old shirts and pants sitting on the dining room table. I hope to cut it all into 4" squares at some point this week. 

I found a sweater at the thrift store that I have washed and will be pulling apart for my next prayer shawl project. I also found a sweat shirt that I will make into a bed for Kris's cat for Christmas. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. It's so good when you can complete a job using materials you already have.

    ReplyDelete