Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sunday Ramblings

 

It is very boring here on the old homestead right now. I am lazing around as much as is possible and letting myself heal. Dang it is hard though. 


Harvey does one job a day for me though one day I did manage to get him to both sweep and vacuum the house. I think he just might be getting tired of doing housekeeping tasks. I will survive, but rather the house might not. 


I had a lovely walk today. The weather is beautiful and while I did not walk as quickly or as far as I would have loved (being a good girl) the fresh air did wonders for me. We are supposed to get snow again this week, but one good thing is that any snow that falls usually disappears quickly.


Kris headed back to Regina this morning. He cleaned the floors, and bathroom as well as vacuumed and swept the floors. He will be coming back in a couple of weeks to do some more cleaning and then again for Easter. I am hoping Kurt can come home as well. 


Still knitting on that prayer shawl. Finding it rough going when that is pretty much all I can do all day. Still, I should be finished it soon and will move on to the cross stitch project and cut out some more masks. The ones I made awhile ago need to be replaced and some of the first ones I made (pleated type) just did not turn out very well. Since we will have to wear them for awhile yet I may as well make sure we have a great supply.


Watched Mass on the television. Mass and pj's who would have thought.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.

6 comments:

  1. It is good that you are being careful so maybe you will heal faster and better. How wonderful that Kris helped out so much around the house while he was home! Do you have some reading you'd like to do while you are staying off your feet? I hope you have a good week and feel better everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laid in bed and listened to church this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you got out for a walk. Hopefully your sidewalks stay clear enough to encourage an outing every so often. Our snow is finally showing signs of vacating. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there and make sure you are healed well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm chuckling at your description of Harvey's assistance with the housework. I recall when Mom had carpal tunnel surgery and wasn't able to do a lot. Trying to direct Dad to do what she wanted done was hilarious from my point of view, not hers! I lived 4 hours away and had small children so I was no help either.

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete