Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

This has not been the most thrifty of weeks though we did manage to save a little. Our hotel room was at a reduced rate since we are members. Our youngest son bought us dinner on the night of my operation and I ate some of the high fiber items I had brought with me for my breakfast before we left. 


All my mending was completed before we left. I darned three pairs of socks, fixed a hem on a pair of Harvey's pants.


Since we have been home I have been working on some knitting, using up yarn from my stash. Doing lots of reading as well. lots of those free novels I downloaded onto my ereader.


Food wise we have been eating meals using what I have on hand and managing to clear out leftovers quickly. No waste here.


I had a phone call from my primary care doctor about the blood and urine tests I had about 11 days ago. Everything is great. I still have work to do in getting that bad cholesterol down, but my "good" cholesterol has come up a great deal. Both of us are very happy about that. She also said that walking is perfect, so while I won't be on the treadmill I have been walking around the house and even managed two short walks out side today (mainly because it was gorgeous out and I just needed the fresh air). Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will be walking a bit further, just depends on the weather.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 


God bless.









9 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing great. That was so sweet of your son to bring you dinner! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a swift and safe recovery from your operation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Jackie. So glad all is going in a positive manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to read you are recovering well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to here you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad your recovery & recuperation are progressing as they should, Jackie. Prayers answered. You sound good and upbeat, which is half the battle I think. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are on the mend, which is great. That was very nice of your son to bring you dinner. Sounds like a good week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're healing well and able to get out for a walk. It is beautiful here and definitely starting to melt. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete