Wednesday, March 31, 2021

One Down

 Harvey got his first vaccine shot today. I would have been tomorrow, but because we as a province have now run out of vaccine, mine has been put off until the 10th. Oh well, this is what happens when your previous federal governments get rid of the places that were capable of manufacturing said vaccines. We are now at the mercy of other countries pharma. 


Still an end is in sight and I am happy about that. I will probably be phoning for Harvey's second jab in a month (Canada is extending the space between jabs 4 months).


The boys will be home on Friday at some point and I am really looking forward to that. They both live alone, Kurt had Covid in November and so should still be okay (have some antibodies) and Kris stays home unless it is to head out shopping. He is back to working at home. Both of them are very careful and so I am not too worried that they will bring something home. 


Since I missed Thrifty Tuesday I though I would add it on to this post a day late. Finishing up the month.



So what thrifty things was I up to this week.

Fixed a pair of gloves that had developed a hole at the base of one finger.

Had many meals where I used up items in the fridge to make a new meal (though tomorrow we will be eating baked spaghetti again, I think I might have went a bit overboard).

Saved some bread ties and twist ties to use on the baking I am doing.

Baked my pie today and used butternut squash. 

Drapes have been kept open during our sunny periods to take advantage of the light and solar heating (furnace hardly comes on at all during those days).

Well that's all I can think of right now.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





6 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear that Harvey got his first shot. It's too bad that yours was delayed but at least it is not too long of a wait for it. I bet you are excited to have both of your boys home this weekend! I have two grown sons as well and it is always special when I can see them. You and Harvey take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that Harvey is getting the vaccine, but so sorry to read that you have to wait a little longer. It certainly does give you peace of mind. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From a few conversations I've had with people older than us, they've booked their appt. on line. I hope to do that when our time comes for the vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did book the appointments online and then the online booking changed them due to a shortage of vaccines. I am just super glad that Harvey got his as he has a heart problem.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear that your vaccination has been put back. hope it goes well on the 10th. Have a lovely Easter weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your family time! Vaccine supply does seem to be the big bottleneck worldwide right now. Sorry it has impacted you.

    ReplyDelete