Thursday, March 4, 2021

Thursday Tidbits

 

So, I think I might, just might have been a bad girl today. This morning Harvey brought up the laundry from the downstairs lines to fold and since I had my gripper handy, I thought I may as well do them up before we went shopping.


Probably if I had only done that and the two other small jobs I did things would have been perfect. 


Instead, I got dressed, grabbed my shopping list and Harvey and off we went. Perhaps if we had only done the grocery shopping things would have been okay, but we needed a new Brita pitcher, and toaster (old one was burning everything no matter what setting) so we headed to Walmart. Harvey dropped me off at the front door and I waited inside for him. 


After that it was off to the grocery store. Hmmm, this meant getting in and out of the car once more and working our way down the aisles. I think I might have done some stretching that I shouldn't have, but I did not pick up anything in the least heavy. Harvey filled the cart once the groceries were bagged, and put them all in the vehicle. He also unloaded everything. However I don't think I should have been reaching in the cart and putting things on the belt....Bit of stretching going on there. 


So for the rest of today I have been laying on the couch knitting and watching television. I have gotten up and walked a bit, but not much in the grand scheme of getting my steps up.


My main job for tomorrow will be ironing some of Harvey's shirts and then perhaps a walk outside. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.


God bless.

8 comments:

  1. You are moving too fast girl. I know it is hard but slow down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to over stretch without realising. Your body has let you know you need to rest. Knitting and watching tv is just the thing to recover. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed a bad girl but I know how easy it is to overdo things. Glad to read you took a rest. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jackie, you really must be careful! Take time to recover...slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel out of the loop as I couldn't find the type of surgery you are recovering from. My bad for not keeping in touch. Anyway, take it easy even if it is hard.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, that's my modus operandi too, Jackie... give me an inch & I'll take a mile each & every time! I hope you are recuperating today and feel better soon. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, I hope you are feeling better today. Try to rest up as much as possible and try not to do as much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be feeling pretty good to do all that, though you're right you may have overdone it. Take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete