Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

So this past week has been much like the others so far this year. Except we had some rain towards the end of the week and now we are being hit with temperatures reaching the low 30's C. Poor air conditioner is runny lots the last couple of days.


Now what thrifty things have been happening on the old homestead.


I have been busy sewing and using up those 4" squares I cut out of old clothing.


Removed the zippers from 3 pairs of Harvey's ragged jeans, and cut up what was usable into more 4" squares.


Used my rebate from my Co-op to buy groceries... Only cost me $5. 79 for a weeks groceries (some items for the pantry were in there as well).


Used vinegar and water to wash my walls.


Did a small amount of batch baking.


While not really thrifty as thanks to Kris for getting our security system up and running I sent home with him a meal of chili and macaroni, an apple crisp and a rhubarb crisp.


Downloaded some free reading material onto my ereader and will be doing more of the same this week.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great how the kids can help. My son in law is coming down tomorrow to power wash the rugs. He saves me money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband downloads lots of free books too, saves a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a busy lady, Jackie, and got lots of things done. I admire you! ~Andrea xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete