Saturday, September 16, 2023

Leaving The Port

 Our ship sailed on the 6th of September from the port of Vancouver, BC. A place where I was born but hadn't been back to in 64 years. Boy had it changed from what I can remember of my first childhood home.


Here are the pictures of us sailing out of the port. I am going to try and post day to day, but man did I take a great many pictures!!! Hope I can keep them all in order.


It is going to be very picture heavy when I post about our cruise so please forgive me.















The first day, well part of the day as we sailed at 4 pm, we stayed pretty much in our cabin and when we ventured out it was to find our way to the dining room. We also tried to locate a few other places shipboard. Heck we didn't find one area until two days before the cruise docked. But thanks to maps we did find most of the places we needed to be or rather wanted to be on the next day. 

We went to sleep thankful that we had made it to our destination with all our luggage and our sanity intact. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless


8 comments:

  1. What a nice view from an oceanview room. Since I stay in the inside cabins, I head up stairs to the upper deck for sail-away. I'm sure it was much more peaceful in your stateroom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I've been waiting for photos - please do make it photo heavy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been on a cruise, so am fascinated to see all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how neat Jackie! I love the pictures. It’s hard to believe that 64 years have passed since you’ve been back there. Time sure does go by fast. I’m looking forward to seeing more photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you made it onto your cruise ship okay. It looks nice. Can't wait to hear of your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - how neat. I will never do a cruise - a thing I have about all that water!!!!! So I will live vicariously through others. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plenty of pictures are allowed. We've been on one cruise and absolutely loved it! Have a ton of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting to be on your way after all that time planning, and thinking about your cruise. Your cabin looks nice and comfy. I'm sure you will tell us what the meals were like.

    ReplyDelete