Thursday, September 28, 2023

Thrifty Thursday

 


Oh my it is only a few days before the end of the month!! Time is passing by so quickly. Some of our trees are almost done losing their leaves. Strange that it happened so very early. The garden is all harvested as well. Guess it will be time to start clearing things out of the pots and baskets. I do plan on emptying a few this weekend, and getting some leaves raked up as well. This time of year our garbage gets filled so quickly with garden debris. I do need to space the cleaning up over a number of weeks.

So what thrifty things have I been doing this week?

I went shopping a few days earlier than I had planned, there were lots of pantry items and a couple of meat items that were on sale. No turkey though so I will be heading out to purchase those on sale this week. Thinking I might get two as the on sale price has gone up since Easter. Bone in ham is also on sale so I will pick up one of those early next week or perhaps on Saturday. Judicial use of our funds is a must now as prices keep rising.

I have also baked a loaf of bread twice this week, much less cost than purchasing it in the stores. 

Baked our own snacks as well. I made a cake, some chocolate unbaked cookies and will be making chocolate chip cookies tonight after supper. 

I managed to find enough yarn in my stash to at least start the next knitted blanket (actually have done so). I may have to purchase one more ball of a cream colour so as to make this blanket long enough for a gentleman. I think I saw a partial ball in my stash...Just not sure if it is the right thickness. Need to check that out.

Saved plastic bags to use for kitty litter patrol when youngest DS brings our grand cat home.

So that's about all I can think of right now. Off to visit you all as I missed doing so yesterday.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I save the bags the cat food comes in to line my garbage can. I love them as they are so thick nothing will leak out of them. Sounds like a good week for you. Are you happy the garden has winded down for the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still lots of green here and the tomatoes and peppers are still thriving. I did a little shop early in the week for a couple deals. Using what I have here. Turkeys won't be cheaper here till in Nov. - but I think I still have one in freezer.
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly seems that fall has arrived quickly. The tree down the street has lost most of its leaves, but the one out front my house has just turned. It won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very thrifty activities going on at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trees are starting to turn colour here and as far as I'm concerned it's far too early! Fall is beautiful but I know it leads to the dreaded winter. I suspect Resident Chef will be putting his balcony garden to bed soon.

    ReplyDelete