Saturday, September 30, 2023

Saturday Roundup

 


Well, it has been a week of trying to get projects finished, new projects started, baking, getting ready for our sons to come home for Thanksgiving, and using up as much as I possibly can. It has also been a week of purchasing mostly on sale items and hoping other items go on sale very soon.

I have also been stocking up for the winter and Harvey has been trying to get the yard ready for the cold season. Still lots to do though.

Today I used up some of the pumpkin puree from last year (will be using more up this coming week baking pies). I tried to make something that was a treat in Harvey's family when he was growing up. 

I made Plachinda/Blachenta (German Pumpkin Turnovers) for the very first time. They are not perfect, but I plan on trying another recipe that uses grated raw pumpkin next time. 


We shall see if they pass the taste test after supper tonight.


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully they scored A star on the taste test! They look good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turnovers look good - I've not heard of them, probably because I'm British, are they sweet or savoury? We as a nation don't use as much pumpkin as you, our friends across the water. I'm a big fan of butternut squash though and use it a lot in savoury dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those pumpkin turnovers look so good. I'm sure they are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't generally celebrate Thanksgiving and it's been years since I've done the turkey and all the trimmings. This year, I expect will be the same as my daughter has a real aversion to driving into the city.
    Hope your turnovers turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkin pastries look good, hope they passed the test!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My knitting needles are in high gear, much to the detriment of my hands. Don't know if I'm saving money by making most of our gifts though.
    Hope the taste test was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the turnovers were a hit! They look pretty.

    ReplyDelete