Sunday, September 17, 2023

What Is Considered Day Two

 Well we made it through the first night, no sickness, no rough seas and while I did not have the greatest of sleeps, Harvey did.

Our first day of cruising. Lots of water and coastline, still more finding our way around the ship. We attended a talk on the excursions that we could take, which was a wonderful introduction. I also went and found out the times our excursions were meeting in the various ports of call. Reminder...If you are told to download an app before boarding do so. It turns out that I couldn't get WiFi because I didn't. 

Now picture heavy post.... Or at least some pictures of open water, and us discovering more of the ship.




Our first stop of the day was the theater, where we got a glimpse of the excursions we had chosen. Such a lovely and comfortable place. We visited a few times in the evening to catch a concert pianist, a comedian and a dance troop. This however was our first introduction.

Next we traveled up to the Lido deck.





It was our favourite place to watch for whales. While we saw lots of spouts we were unlucky enough not to get any pictures of breeching whales. Harvey saw one breech twice while we were cruising back but wasn't fast enough with the camera. For such big animals they are exceedingly quick.




This is what they called the Atrium. It went up for two floors on the ship and was always well lighted.


This is the Ocean Bar. We met a lovely older gentleman here who sat with us a few days. Yan had just lost his partner a few months before and was taking the cruise they had planned together. This was perhaps one of our most liked places to have an adult beverage or two before heading to the dining room another floor up.


I am so glad that we discovered the lower promenade deck. Now I knew where to take my early morning walks.


Most of my remaining photos are of open water and not at all interesting for this day. I doubt very much if anyone really wants to look at distant shores or the wake of the ship.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. Which ship were you on? I've cruised twice before and am thinking about another. My first was the Alaskan coast back in 2001 and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get to know the ship it must be easier, but I'm sure I would get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful ship! Very nice of you to share drinks with the gentleman who lost his partner. Whale watching would be right up my alley. Bailey would love the walking on the ship. When she went with her grandmother they had a walking track, which she used regularly. She always get 10,000 steps in Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. There is so much to see and do on the ship, let alone at the ports. The promenade deck is one of my favorite places to walk, to sit and read to the sounds of the ocean, or to watch the waters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely it all looks. So nice that you made a new friend - I bet it helped him a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cruising and can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to reading about your excursions, and everything else you got up to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ship looks lovely. Whale watching sounds great. Looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete