Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Reason To Be Thankful

Yesterday was very different around the old homestead.

You see there was a fire in an apartment (4 units) just down the back alley from me.

This is all that was left of the building this morning.
Two of the apartments were occupied and the tenants managed to escape just fine. These people have lost all their belongings and one was a young couple (I know the girl from working at one of the schools) just starting out.

The building was old and starting to look its age, but I am sure with some loving care would have been standing for many more years.

Today Harvey went fishing with some friends. They were gone for 7 hours!! Mind you he came back with all the fish they caught as the others did not want them. More free food for the freezer.

I spent the afternoon finishing off the pj pants and gathering the fabric for the first of two quilts (slowly making my way through that stash).

These are the colours I chose for Kurt's quilt. The first fabric is a gold colour, the second is a brown with a gold design, the third is a dull orange with a thin brown stripe, and then of course a plain black. I hope to have it cut and ready to sew by tomorrow night.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment