Friday, October 30, 2015

Frugal Friday

I am getting mixed up on my days, when I woke up this morning I thought it was Saturday. I think this is because Kris came home on Wednesday night for a few days holiday. I am just so used to him coming home on a Friday night. Add in Halloween fast approaching and my week is totally mixed.

This week has been a fairly frugal one. The item I am most proud of is that I only had one spend day this week, and it was an allowable spend too!!!

I finished one of the quilts (almost done the second, tomorrow this will be checked off) using fabric from my stash as well as part of an old sheet for backing. The fill came from my stash as well.

All our meals were made here at home and the groceries I bought will be used in next months meals.

I did two days of batch cooking. One of which was soup. I used the turkey carcass from Thanksgiving and veggies I had frozen from the garden. The second was a huge batch of chili. I now have two containers of soup and three containers of chili to use on those rushed or tired days.

Harvey took the cans and bottles in for recycling and made $47. 75. Money put away for a meal out perhaps.

I am remembering to turn the heat down in our room during the day and turn it back up at night. Hopefully this helps with the electric bill this winter.

I did some mending, and darned some socks this week. Stretching out our clothing budget by not having to purchase anything new.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Jackie...
    Gosh, I had no idea people still darned soxs...:)
    We haven't had to turn on the heat here in West Texas yet...the mornings are cool but no where NEAR cold. I heard the AC kick on for a bit yesterday...think the temp was somewhere in the high 70's.
    Have a great weekend...xoxo

    ReplyDelete