Saturday, October 21, 2017

Gloomy Saturday

I think that winter is slowly coming. Today was nice and sunny with a bit of a breeze when I went for my morning walk. However, by the time I went to take our vehicle in for it's oil change and any other service it needed the wind had picked up and the sky was grey. The wind was actually very cold, I may have to get my winter coat out a bit earlier than I expected.

Even though the day was gloomy I still managed to get a project completed. Sure it was the baptismal cloths for the church and not something Christmassy or sewing for myself, but it was still completed. Twelve cloths ready to take to the church tomorrow.

It was also the perfect day to start the one day a week soup and sandwich supper. First off I baked a loaf of bread. Nothing like sandwiches made with fresh bread.


Then later in the afternoon I started the pot of soup. Tonight the offering was Spicy Moroccan Lentil Soup.

Totally meatless and smelled wonderful.

To make matters even better Harvey really enjoyed this. Especially with the dollop of sour cream on top. There is enough residing in my freezer for another meal at the beginning of next month and was very inexpensive to make. I served the soup with egg salad sandwiches.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

1 comment: