Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday

It has been very quiet around the old homestead for the past while. Probably because it has been cold and gloomy, not really conducive to doing work outside. Instead I have been busy with things in the house, and impatiently waiting for the furnace people to come and finish off the job they began a year ago. 

I spent some time mending, one item was Harvey's favorite snuggle quilt. It is back in the living room once again just waiting for him to cover up with it in the morning.

I also removed some buttons from one of Harvey's favorite shirts and cut said shirt into usable quilting squares. One of his t-shirts was only suitable to be made into rags.

Slicing 4 rather thick slices of leftover roast beef thinly I made a stir fry (well my type of use it up stir fry concoctions). There are three slices left from this bag for Harvey to have roast beef sandwiches for a couple of days. 

I am using up leftover yarn from other projects to knit mitts for Kurt, Kris and Harvey for Christmas. Hopefully this uses up more of my stash of leftover yarn balls. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments: