Monday, October 1, 2018

Menu Monday

As most of you know I have been on a quest to use up my pantry and freezers, not buying meat unless absolutely necessary. Well as things have worked out I no longer have any beef or pork roasts for Sunday Suppers. All I have for roasting is a ham, a turkey, and a couple of chickens. Things are getting used up and now I am scared that I will not be able to feed us if the weather turns (not true, but it is my OCD kicking in as far as food is concerned). It didn't help that the weather has turned and I woke up to snow on the ground. 

Instead of roast pork on Sunday we had baked ribs. Not a big thing, but no leftovers so to speak. This means I might be changing menus around this month a bit.

Monday

Homemade soup and egg salad sandwiches.

Tuesday

I believe there is still a bag of leftover frozen pork roast in the fridge freezer. If so I will be making a stir fry to serve over rice.

Wednesday

Chicken wings, French fries, and salad.

Thursday

Clean out the fridge night (though I might do this on Wednesday and have the wings tonight).

Friday

Glace, potatoes and eggs. This is something Kris and Kurt love and always hint that I should make.

Saturday

Pork chops, rice, peas and carrots.

Sunday

Thanksgiving dinner, which will consist of turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, salad, corn, pickles, cranberries, and pie. Should have lots leftover.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. brrrrr...snow ?? wow, seems early for that cold stuff... your menu sounds delightful. I, too, always want my freezer full when cold season starts...now that it is just one here, I will eat lots of soups and veggie stews. I am not a big meat eater but Mr. Sweet wanted meat with every meal. I love veggies best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold weather makes me think of slow cooking, soups, stews. This week on the menu - pork chops with roasted vegetables; hamburger hashbrown skillet with hollandaise sauce; tomato macaroni soup. I've processed 7 quarts of tomatoes and will do another 7 quarts as soon as the tomatoes in the basement have ripened. Yesterday I pickled 11 pints of beets. I enjoy looking at the cold room shelves fill up with the fall bounty.Tthe garden has been cleaned out and soon I will need to do something with carrots. They will be ok in the fridge until then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to be the Thanksgiving dinner this week, hasn't it.
    xx

    ReplyDelete