Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Playing Catch Up

The past few days have been busy ones here on the old homestead. Our sons were home for Thanksgiving and of course between cooking and visiting I barely had time to myself. I did manage my early morning walks, but other than that, things seemed to revolve around family and visiting.

The weather has been cold and dreary. I fear that very soon I will no longer be out walking in the mornings. Good thing we have our trusty treadmill set up in the basement. Even though I don't enjoy using it, I will at least be able to get some much needed exercise.

Then the day they left we headed into the city for the Roughrider football game. Of course we picked up Kris and enjoyed his company once again for a few hours.

Tuesday saw me phoning one of the newly arrived doctors in our city to make an appointment for today. I spent 30 minutes with her and will be going back on Friday so she can arrange blood tests at our hospital lab. Then next week it will be back once again for a full physical examination, something I have not had for 15 or 16 years. A bit overwhelming for this old girl!

Between times I have been busy getting the house back in order, making lists to get my life organized once again. I am following my monthly menu plan even though I did not get a chance to post this weeks menus and using up bits and bobs in doing so.

I finished quilting Kurt's Christmas gift quilt and now am up to the binding of said quilt. I hope to get that completed tomorrow after shopping and picking up my prescription.

Kris gave me some ideas for sewing gifts for him and I hope to start on those as soon as I make Harvey's robe (that should only entail part of a day for cutting the pattern and an afternoon of sewing).

I also need to get the family addresses up and on our family page on Facebook, attend a couple of meetings, and take part in a liturgy exchange with the Anglican Church here in my city. Seems like this is going to be a very busy month.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment