Wednesday, October 17, 2018

One More Appointment

Well most of my appointments and calls upon my time are done for this week. I just have my physical to get through tomorrow and I actually have a few days off before birthday rounds start up once again.

This is our birthday packed month. Both our sons were born this month. Kris on the 16th and Kurt today (5 years apart though). Harvey has three sisters born this month and two brothers (all but one over this past week) and my sister is on the 20th. This does not count nieces and nephews as I just can not keep track of them all. So glad that soon I will be able to stop calling everyone to wish them a Happy Birthday. It sounds terrible of me, but those same people for the most part seem to miss my families birthdays (all but two sister in laws and my own sister), and yet get quite prissy when theirs is not recognized. Oh well, for Harvey's sake I will keep the waters unruffled.

Started the robe for Harvey today. I have managed to get a bit sewn, but that tie belt took forever to turn right side out. So it is put away until perhaps tomorrow or Friday. Should only take another few hours to complete now.

Since I didn't do my Thrifty Tuesday post I thought I would do so tonight.

I patched a pair of Harvey's work jeans using fabric I had cut out for 4" squares.

Used up all the odd ball bobbins of thread while making the quilt top (where you can't see the strange colours). 

Working on using my kitchen appliances to save time and power. After all using the plug in slow cooker or Instant Pot uses much less power than the stove or oven. I am actually tempted to buy a toaster oven to see if I can manage to use the oven even less. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you, Jackie, about acknowledging the birthdays. A birthday creates an opportunity to remember someone. So, in an attempt to not experience the "wish I had ..." regrets after someone's demise, I initiate that contact. Reciprocity is not my goal. Another goal? Purchasing a toaster oven. I have a rain check for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a heavy birthday month for me to. I hope your physical goes well tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete